Day 1 – Pilates Abs

This is a multi level class, suitable for beginners and intermediate level.
Ideally you are not feeling neck or back pain during your Pilates classes.
Please take modifications as needed and listen to your body.
Time: 16.43 mins

46 Comments

1. Jacky Fereday

Lovely abs workout on day 1 Sun 17th Nov UK time 17:00

So glad you enjoyed it! Thanks X

• Huma

Hi Emma , I am new beginner and I started a bit late bt your 16 minute video really made me sweat. My core is very weak and couldn’t do few of the moves coz of my neck tension .

• Emma Jory

Hi Huma, if you’re beginner the moves will be strong so take it easy, till you build strength. Always listen to your body and remember you never want to feel neck tension so take a break anytime you do. It will get easier as you get stronger in the abs. Well done. Take your time and do what you can to catch up! Enjoy ! Em x Ps make sure you watch the principle videos to help you get started .

• Annette Scott

Tough but good, thank you

• Emma Jory

Oh glad you enjoyed it! Thank you ! Yes it’s very tough!

• Silvia

What a nice workout. Felt all my abs again 🙂

• Tracy Mclelland

Really enjoyed this workout today, just enough. X

• Emma Jory

Wonderful! Thank you for sharing x

2. Steve Haerting

Good video. It would be great if you could put the videos on YouTube so they can be watched on the TV.

That’s a good idea! I will have to set that up. Thank you X

3. Mariyana Dimitrova

Wow that was fun.

• Emma Jory

YEAH thanks glad you enjoyed x

• Shaista

It was an awesome class Emma with good instructions!!! Got me going….!! I really wish I cud watch it on TV though.

• Emma Jory

Hi Shaista! thanks for your lovely message. I am looking into putting the rest on you tube as we speak so you can watch on TV! Keep you posted. x

4. Ivonne

Great ab day! I’m a day late starting but I’m done!!

• Emma Jory

Wonderful – glad you enjoyed it. no worries starting later at all x

5. Tan Lay Fern

Enjoyed the workout and the instructions were easy to understand. I do find my next straining and hurting for some of the movements and had to put my head down to rest.

• Emma Jory

Thanks for the kind feedback. Yes sometimes the neck will hurt if you don’t come up high enough in your sit up. Also if you don’t yet have the endurance of the abdominals. That was a really tough series, so don’t worry you had to put your head down, normally we don’t do so much in a row. So it was tough. You did well. Keep listening to your body. You will get stronger eventually. Watch your belly so your eyes are looking down not up as well is a good tip. If you want to as well, I have a good video in the Essential course – to help with neck tips. It’s only $10 with a few other videos, in the principles area. This may assist you as well. But either way, don’t worry, it gets easier and you did well to lower your head. x

6. sumaira

hi emma i did it find lil bit hard need more practice thanks alot

• Emma Jory

yes its a really tough series. It’s hard for me too don’t worry. I did it today myself. Ouch! hehe

7. Shelagh Pepper

Loved this ab workout- I am starting a day late and just getting into Pilates and you explain it so well! Thanks!

• Emma Jory

Dont’ worry if you’re starting late, you have plenty of time to catch up! Glad you’re enjoying it x

8. Basely

Started late..but was great doing abs today ..

• Emma Jory

no worries if you’re late – well done x

9. Elizabeth

sorry running late, but feeling good already 🙂 Loving the step by step instructions. Had a little problem getting the breathing right however getting there.

• Emma Jory

No rush , great you have started! Glad you’re enjoying it! HAVe you watched the Breathing Video? one of the beginner videos that I sent out? Take a look at it again perhaps. But don’t worry the breathing comes x

10. Jyoti

This was such a great abs workout. Thank you Emma for this

• Emma Jory

My pleasure! Glad you enjoyed x

11. Emma Harvey

I really enjoyed this session although I could not do all the moves and I feel so unfit. I will keep trying . Thank you

• Emma Jory

Dont worry it was a tough one! Meant to push everyone but it’s hard, you’re not the only one! Me too !

12. Billie

Great stuff! What a natural mood lifter ‍♂️thanks a mil

• Emma Jory

Oh good! Yes it does have that effect !

13. Carmen

Great session thank you Emma. This is my first Pilates class and I struggled a bit with some of the moves. I had a Caesarian at the age of 44 in March last year and my tummy/core is still so very weak. But determined to include your Pilates sessions each day from now on. Thank you so much really enjoyed day 1. Looking forward to tomorrows session. xx

• Emma Jory

Hi Carmen, it was a tough session so don’t worry – you did well to keep up. I made sure it was challenging for all levels and you can just take it at your own pace if you are a beginner. Can I advise you do the Core Restore Free challenge and potentially do the corerestoreprogam.com
      Especially after having a c-section. These programs will teach you how to engage properly. After operations, there is scar tissue and sometimes the muscles don’t engage as well as they should. I would recommend doing these programs first in an ideal world. Or at least along side the 14 DC. I will email this response to you as well in case you dont come back to this post. Em xx

14. Donna Williams

Great workout thanx Emma, looking forward to tomorrow

15. Mariana Deacon

Enjoyed . Done .

16. Zeenat

I hit my knee on the floor while doing the plank. I sweat and my core is feeling tight

17. Andrea

Thanks for the core workout. I really appreciate the explanations and your ways of describing what you should be feeling. Although I am not new to pilates your reasons for what your body is doing are fantastic and I am learning more about the why not just the what. THANK YOU.

• Emma Jory

This is what i love to do..thank you for recognising this. I don’t believe we learn properly unless we know why we are doing something. It helps for it to stick I think! So happy you have enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing..x

18. Lina

It’s hard the day 1

19. Lina

Day one is to hard but I keep going

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

FREE 6 Day Body Toning Series

Start a habit, feel more toned, and strong in 5 mins per day!

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest